Terms and Conditions
User Rights and Responsibilities
User is solely responsible for any and all information shared on this site including without limitation, User’s proper or improper use of this site. Therefore, User must take all reasonable precautions to protect access and dissemination of the information shared on this site, as User is providing such information at its/his/her own risk. User shall be solely responsible for all content, data, information, and messages transmitted or made available by User using this site. By using this site, User acknowledges that Tiffin University has no obligation to monitor any activities or content for violations of applicable law or security relating to the maintenance of confidential information, but it reserves the right to do so.
Further, User shall not this site in any manner that may be considered in violation of applicable law including, but not limited to the following:
- Infringing or misappropriating intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, software, patents and trade secrets;
- Engaging in the promotion, sale, production, fulfillment or delivery of illegal drugs, illegal gambling, obscene materials or other products and services prohibited by law. Similarly, soliciting illegal activities is prohibited even if such activities are not actually performed;
- Displaying, transmitting, storing or making available child pornography materials;
- Transmitting, distributing or storing any material that is unlawful, including encryption software in violation of U.S. export control laws, or that presents a material risk of civil liability to Tiffin University;
- Displaying, transmitting, storing or publishing information that constitutes libel, slander, defamation, harassment, obscenity, or otherwise violates the privacy or personal rights of any person;
- Displaying or transmitting obscene, threatening, abusive or harassing messages; or
- Promoting, offering or implementing fraudulent financial schemes including pyramids, illegitimate funds transfers and charges to credit cards.
Further, User shall not engage in any of the following:
- Interfering with, gaining unauthorized access to or otherwise violating the security of Tiffin University’s or another party’s server, network, personal computer, network access or control devices, software or data, or other system, or to attempt to do any of the foregoing, including, but not limited to, use in the development, distribution or execution of Internet viruses, worms, denial of service attacks, network flooding or other malicious activities intended to disrupt computer services or destroy data;
- Interfering with Tiffin University’s network or the use and enjoyment of information received by other authorized users;
- Promoting or distributing software, services or address lists that have the purpose of facilitating spam;
- Providing false or misleading information in message headers or other content, using non-existent domain names or deceptive addressing, or hiding or obscuring information identifying a message’s point of origin or transmission path;
- Violating personal privacy rights, except as permitted by law;
- Sending and collecting responses to spam, unsolicited electronic messages or chain mail; and
- Engaging in any activities that Tiffin University believes, in its sole discretion, might be harmful to Tiffin University’s operations, public image or reputation.
If a User violates this policy, Tiffin University may, but is not required to do so, suspend the User’s privileges to utilize site and notify User via e-mail or otherwise of a violation of this policy so that such violation may be corrected without impact on Tiffin University. Tiffin University may also elect, in its sole discretion, to act immediately and without notice to User to pursue any and all available legal and equitable remedies.
No failure or delay in Tiffin University exercising or enforcing this policy shall constitute a waiver of the policy or of any other right or remedy. If any provision of this policy is deemed unenforceable due to law or change in law, such a provision shall be disregarded and the balance of the policy shall remain in effect.
User shall indemnify, defend and hold Tiffin University harmless from and against all liabilities, obligations, losses and damages, plus costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of any claim, damage, loss, liability, suit or action brought against User by a third party that is in any way related to User’s use of site.
Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability Clarifying the Site’s Legal Liability for Damages Incurred by Users
Tiffin University does not operate this site and as such, cannot and does not represent or warrant the proper operation, confidentiality, or security of this site or any of the information contained herein. Tiffin University disclaims and User hereby releases, waives, and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Tiffin University harmless from any responsibility and liability for any damages sustained by User or Tiffin University, including, without limitation, attorney fees and costs as a result of using this site. Without limiting the foregoing, Tiffin University shall not be liable to User or any third party for loss of profits, or special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including lost profits and costs, in connection the performance of the site, or User’s use of same, even if Tiffin University is aware of the possibility of the occurrence of such damages.
Modification of Terms
Tiffin University will not notify Users of term changes.
We’re here for you
155 Miami Street
Tiffin, OH 44883