Bachelor of Business Administration
Integrated and Digital Marketing
A PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM SOLD ON THEORY AND REAL-WORLD EXPERIENCE
For a business to succeed, the product or service it provides must be known to potential buyers. Marketing determines the product, sets the pricing strategy, structures the distribution of the product and communicates to the channel members and consumers. Today’s marketers seek to find out what motivates buyer behavior, what creates value in the minds of their customers and how to create messages that make their company’s offering the product or service of choice. With classes that focus on marketing communication, retailing management, consumer buying behavior and more, our Integrated and Digital Marketing graduates are succeeding across all marketing fields – from advertising and public relations to brand management and e-commerce.
Tiffin University’s BBA in Integrated and Digital Marketing provides an integrated approach to the discipline. Emphasis is on the development and implementation of marketing strategies and on the effective use of the marketing mix.
Studying in small, personalized classes, you’ll take courses in your major right away, learning the latest in marketing theory. You’ll then be able to apply your knowledge in a “work-world” setting, as you engage in real-world marketing and consulting projects that can be added as experience to your resume.
Marketing faculty bring to the classroom both academic accomplishments and extensive marketplace experience in a range of marketing disciplines, including financial services, marketing research and both domestic and international marketing consulting. These real-world experiences and perspectives ensure that your marketing studies are kept current and relevant.
Professional Marketing Training
- Consulting projects, pitch competitions and internships help you to network and build your resume.
- You’ll earn certificates throughout the program – you’ll leave with at least six certificates that complement your resume.
- You’ll engage in hands-on projects in advertising, global marketing, marketing research and other classes.
- You’ll study with award-winning faculty, recognized for their teaching and research.
- Opportunities for field trips to marketing-related companies will expand your real-world knowledge.
- The TU American Marketing Association connects you to marketers across all specialties to collaborate, network, gain practical experience and empower your career.
- The TU School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- On a national standardized test by Peregrine, in the area of Marketing, Tiffin business students scored on average 8.7 percentage points higher as compared with students from other ACBSP schools.
BBA to MBA Program
This accelerated pathway allows you to take classes that count as dual credit towards both your BBA and MBA degrees, giving you the ability to earn a bachelor’s and master’s in just five years, saving you both time and money. Learn about our MBA programs.
Preparing You for the Real World
Learning the latest marketing theory provides you the lens for viewing marketing challenges and the framework for innovative problem solving. Through your courses you’ll gain an understanding of relevant marketing theories and the relationship between those theories and marketplace applications. You’ll also acquire a wide range of communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills that will be applied in class and outside projects.
Very importantly, you’ll be guided and mentored by a TU faculty that brings years of industry experience. Our marketing professors have had leading marketing roles with domestic and international marketing companies and advertising agencies, as well as with marketing research, event planning and public relations firms. Having professors with industry practitioner experience exposes you to the actual application of marketing principles and the realities marketers face.
A Practical, Professional Education
A marketing degree from Tiffin University will equip you with valuable industry knowledge and practical, career-ready skills, enabling you to:
- Understand and use correctly marketing business vocabulary
- Create a marketing plan
- Select and employ segmentation and targeting strategies
- Perform an in-company analysis
- Analyze a company’s market offerings portfolio
- Perform a microenvironment analysis
- Perform a customer analysis
- Perform a competitor analysis
- Implement and measure marketing strategy and tactical success
- Put together an Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) strategy
- Present a marketing plan and an advertising campaign
- Develop digital marketing strategies
- Design media marketing plans
Active, Experiential Learning
The TU marketing program provides many hands-on opportunities at every level for you to showcase your ability to present, pitch and apply your new knowledge into something that is real. You’ll engage in collaborative projects, where you’ll team with other students to conduct assessments of a company, the macro-environment, the microenvironment, competitors and their target customers. You’ll complete a marketing research project as well as global research project – for real organizations and/or products. You’ll often be called upon to make presentations, a critically important skill for marketers. And, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with professionals from the marketing field in our class speaker series.
Internships are essential and required. They provide excellent opportunities for students to experience the professional business environment and to relate their classroom learning to “work-world” goals, processes and responsibilities. TU marketing students have interned at a wide variety of organizations, including Amazon, Disney, Marathon Petroleum, Cedar Point, Toledo Mud Hens, Welty Insurance Group, MJ Recruiters and many more.
Bringing Knowledge to Practice
- Marketing students collaborate with community members in creating marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Community members mentor students and provide them with real-world experiences and problems to solve and present.
- Students have worked with local businesses of all sizes and industries.
- Seneca Country Chamber of Commerce supports and provides our students with a list of businesses that are willing to participate and help mentor our students.
- Marketing students study marketing practices around the world, across a spectrum of cultures.
- Marketing students are taught the necessity of understanding different cultures, sub-cultures, influence groups, the changing family composition and changing roles within families, the different life-cycle stages and the different lifestyle choices.
- Business-related clubs and organizations provide opportunities to learn, serve and connect with others in marketing, business and related fields.
Courses & Format
Integrated and Digital Marketing Major
- ACC228 Managerial Accounting – 3 hours
- MKT252 Buyer Behavior – 3 hours
- MKT253 Marketing Communications – 3 hours
- MKT332 Omni-Channel Retailing- 3 hours
- MKT354 Personal Selling – 3 hours
- MKT370 Digital Marketing – 3 hours
- MKT402 Marketing Research (w) – 3 hours
- MKT404 Global Marketing – 3 hours
- MKT432 Social Media Marketing – 3 hours
- MKT434 Digital Marketing Analytics – 3 hours
Total – 30 hours
Total BBA hours = 121
This is a sample course sequence to illustrate course offerings for this major. Consult the official Academic Bulletin for detailed registration and advising information.
Buyer Behavior (MKT252) – This course introduces the basic processes of and influences upon decision-making by both individual consumers and organizational buyers, as well as the implications of such information toward the development of marketing strategies.
Marketing Communications (MKT253) – This course deals with operation and management of the advertising and promotion function with respect to both its positions within the marketing system and its relationship to the other business functions.
Retailing Management (MKT350) – This course includes discussions of retailing functions and management of retailing as a system. Emphasis is on understanding the external environment of retailing and on the creation of an appropriate internal environment.
Personal Selling (MKT354) – Personal Selling focuses on customers as individuals rather than target market groups. To do this, the student salesperson will learn to tailor sales call approaches and presentations, negotiation strategies, and service provisions to a specific person and organization. Given the independent nature of professional sales positions, the course also examines motivation, time management, and ethical issues.
Global Marketing (MKT404) – This course examines the increasingly global nature of marketing management and addresses the issues involved when organizations expand into the arena of international competition. Particular attention is paid to the differences between cultures and the importance of sensitivity to them.
On Campus – Offered in a 15-week semester format with start dates of January and August
Online – Offered in two terms per semester starting in January, March, May, July, August and October
Marketing is one of the fastest growing fields, and it’s not surprising when you consider the ever-changing marketing and advertising opportunities both in person and virtual, as well as the growing capabilities with data and marketing analytics like SEO and Google ads.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that marketing jobs will grow 6 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Marketing managers jobs are projected to grow by 7 percent during the same time period.
Companies are looking for a new skill set in market hires prompting companies to look to marketing graduates to bring those skills to the workplace.
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Brand Manager
- Business Development Representative
- General Manager
- Graduate School
- Marketing Account Executive
- Marketing Analyst
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Marketing Sales Representative
- Marketing Specialist
- Media Buyer
- Operations Manager
- Press Secretary
- Product Manager
- Sales Manager
- Sales Representative
- Social Media Manager
WHERE TU GRADS HAVE WORKED
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Atlas Sales
- Cleveland Indians
- Enterprise Holdings
- Holiday Inn
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Old Fort Bank
- People’s Bank
- Whirlpool Corporation
Have a Question?
School of Business
- School Overview
- Undergraduate Programs
- Business Management
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management
- Integrated and Digital Marketing
- International Business
- Manufacturing Management
- Sports Management
- Sports Management – Athletic Administration
- Sports Management – Esports Management
- Sports Management – Sports Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
- Graduate Programs
- Doctorate Program
- Dual Enrollment Program
- Academic Calendar & Bulletin
- Undergraduate Minors
- Drone Academy
- Meet the Faculty
- The Center for Tiffin University and Dragon Core Curriculum
We’re here for you
155 Miami Street
Tiffin, OH 44883
At a Glance
- Faculty with extensive marketing experience
- Blend of cutting-edge theory and hands-on practice
- Relevant field knowledge and career-ready skills
“There is always going to be a little doubt in any person’s mind when it comes to new things. But for me, I think proving people, who said I couldn’t do it, wrong is my biggest motivation. There’s really nothing that seems impossible to me anymore. The world is constantly changing and I feel like I am much more capable of adapting to those changes now compared to when I was walking on to TU’s campus for the first time.”
More About Our School
- Tiffin University’s School of Business to Host Annual Summit to Success
- School of Business Faculty Member Winds Long Road to Tiffin
- Tiffin University Business Students Score Above National Average on Peregrine Exam
- Student Scholar All-Stars – Tiffin University Hosts the Annual Academic Honors Ceremony
- Tiffin University Names Dr. Thomas Marben as Dean of Business School