Bachelor of Business Administration
Pursue a Career that Brings a World of Opportunity.
The global world of business is rapidly growing, and ever changing. Tiffin University’s BBA in International Business will prepare you for the opportunities of doing business in a complex and fascinating global economy. You’ll acquire a solid foundation of knowledge in international finance, marketing, trade and management. And with foreign language training and study abroad experience, you’ll have the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to succeed in the international business environment.
In addition to a broad-based business study, you’ll complete courses on global issues in management such as trade, competition, markets, organizational design, information technology and human resource management. The impact of globalization on all business is explored. You are also strongly encouraged to take at least one year of foreign language study or pass a language proficiency examination and to study abroad for a semester, helping you to develop cross-cultural awareness and skills as well as a firsthand understanding of international business practices.
Professional International Business Training
- Faculty bring years of international teaching and management experience.
- The program offers a number of different opportunities for study abroad.
- You can take classes at our two international campuses in Romania and Switzerland.
- We have over 500 international campus graduates that serve as mentors as well as help with internship and employment opportunities.
- The TU School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- On a national standardized test by Peregrine, in the area of International Business, Tiffin business students scored on average 9.76 percentage points higher as compared with students from other ACBSP schools.
BBA to MBA Program
This accelerated pathway allows you to take classes that count as dual credit towards both your BBA and MBA degrees, giving you the ability to earn a bachelor’s and master’s in just five years, saving you both time and money. Learn about our MBA programs.
Preparing You for the Real World
The international business program will provide you with the real-world knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed in the global economy. You’ll study with faculty who bring years of international teaching and management experience in more than 28 countries. You’ll gain hands on, real-work experience as part of a required professional internship. Through our international study abroad program, you’ll gain a first-hand understanding of international cultures, economies and business practices. And, you’ll broaden your international perspective even here at home, as you study with a diverse population of international students on our TU main campus.
A Practical, Professional Education
The international business curriculum will prepare you in every way for the real world. As part of a practitioner-focused program, you will:
- Have the opportunity to study at our two international campuses – in Bucharest, Romania and Geneva, Switzerland
- Learn the business and managerial skills needed in the international environment
- Gain an awareness of global trends and needs within the current international marketplace
- Acquire a global perspective on business ethics and current issues impacting today’s multinational companies
- Have direct experience with international students and learn about various cultures and traditions
- Develop critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Sharpen your communication and presentational abilities
Active, Experiential Learning
At TU, the study of international business is active and hands-on. You’ll engage in international business issues using current, real-world case studies. You’ll work alongside other students in a number of collaborative assignments and projects. Guest speakers – including CEOs, CFOs, COOs, HR leaders, sales and marketing directors and more – are regularly invited to participate in our class discussions. Throughout your program, you’ll put knowledge into practice, as you have the opportunity to:
- Connect with working international business professionals
- Take advantage of various international opportunities
- Create international marketing and management plans
- Share simulations and class projects between international and domestic classes
- Learn differences in cultures and practices by collaborating with students from other nations.
- Engage in a hands-on international business internship
- Travel and study abroad
Courses & Format
International Business Core
- ACC228 Managerial Accounting – 3 hours
- CST312 Information Systems for Managers – 3 hours
- FIN426 International Finance – 3 hours
- MGT301 Organizational Behavior – 3 hours
- MGT317 Human Resource Management – 3 hours
- MGT351 Managing Diversity in the Workplace – 3 hours
- MGT411 International Management – 3 hours
- MKT404 Global Marketing – 3 hours
- ECO424 Global Trade – 3 hours
- HIS312 History of the Middle East or CUL312 Middle Eastern Cultures – 3 hours
Total – 30 hours
Total BBA hours 121
This is a sample course sequence to illustrate course offerings for this major. Consult the official Academic Bulletin for detailed registration and advising information.
International Finance (FIN426) – The study of the institutions, concepts and instruments of international finance. Current and past international monetary systems shall be discussed. Special attention shall be directed to consideration of accounting, finance and taxation differences global companies (multinational companies – MNCs) experience in the domestic and foreign economies. Other topics shall include the determination of exchange rates and their macroeconomic linkages, the effect of exchange rates on current and capital account balances and the techniques global companies can engage in to hedge exchange rate risk.
Global Trade (ECO424) – A study of international trade and the geographical, economic and nationalistic characteristics that challenge the firm embarking upon global trade. Our focus is on the multinational corporation (MNC), or global business, pursuing trade in a very dynamic world economy “guided/influenced” by national and regional political and economic considerations.
Global Marketing (MKT404) – This course examines the increasingly global nature of marketing management and addresses the issues involved when organizations expand into the arena of international competition. Particular attention is paid to the differences between cultures and the importance of sensitivity to them.
International Management (MGT411) – This course focuses on business across national boundaries. Topics covered include functional areas of management in MNES, impact of policy, society, economy and geography on the international business environment and global strategic management.
Managing Diversity in the Workplace (MGT351) – In the context of the growth of multinational enterprises and the increasing diversity of the American workforce, this course deals with gender, racial, age, cultural and other differences in the workplace. The course will focus on being open, sensitive and fair in dealing with differences and on using diversity as positive force within organizations. This is a writing intensive course.
On Campus – Offered in a 15-week semester format with start dates of January and August
International business offers a multitude of career opportunities. Prospects for success in international business grow as the world shrinks due to technology. TU’s BBA in International Business will prepare you well for a career in this exciting and dynamic field.
- Chief Executive
- Foreign Currency Investment Advisor
- Import/Export Agent
- International Foreign Policy Advisor
- International Management Consultant
- International Marketing Director
- International Trade and Customs Manager
- Multinational Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Sales Manager
WHERE TU GRADS HAVE WORKED
- Boral Limited
- Cardinal Health
- Champion Home Exteriors
- Community Support Services, Inc.
- National Machinery
- Pilkington Group Limited
- Softbinator Technologies
- Whirlpool Corporation
Have a Question?
School of Business
- School Overview
- Undergraduate Programs
- Business Management
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management
- Integrated and Digital Marketing
- International Business
- Manufacturing Management
- Sports Management
- Sports Management – Athletic Administration
- Sports Management – Esports Management
- Sports Management – Sports Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
- Graduate Programs
- Doctorate Program
- Dual Enrollment Program
- Academic Calendar & Bulletin
- Undergraduate Minors
- Drone Academy
- Meet the Faculty
- The Center for Tiffin University and Dragon Core Curriculum
We’re here for you
155 Miami Street
Tiffin, OH 44883
At a Glance
- Faculty with extensive international business experience
- Blend of theory and hands-on practice
- Study abroad opportunities
“Using my TU network has helped me to land an internship and ultimately full-time staff accountant position at a Fortune 50 company. I have presented quarterly and yearly data to large groups including senior executives as well as assist in several projects including software testing of a West and East business unit merger in which we are integrating the entire company.”
More About Our School
- Tiffin University’s School of Business to Host Annual Summit to Success
- School of Business Faculty Member Winds Long Road to Tiffin
- Tiffin University Business Students Score Above National Average on Peregrine Exam
- Student Scholar All-Stars – Tiffin University Hosts the Annual Academic Honors Ceremony
- Tiffin University Names Dr. Thomas Marben as Dean of Business School